Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Fear...

Fear has roared at me this week. Dared me to turn back.
And I have listened more than I'd like to admit.
I read these words...

"We're called to chase lions. There is an old aphorism 'No guts, no glory.' When we don't have the guts to step out in faith and chase lions, then God is robbed of the glory that rightfully belongs to Him."
-- Mark Batterson

I swallow hard and the fear stays.
I talk to friends, pace the floor, have trouble going to sleep at night.
Then this morning I'm sipping coffee. And I start telling God how big He is and how He can do anything.
Anything.
When I look back at the fear, that lion roaring at me, it seems so much smaller sitting alongside the God of the Universe.
And I realize it's been that way all along.
Fear roars at me again.
But this time it sounds more like...
Meow.
I chase it out the door.
Silly cat.
And I turn instead to all God has for me.

♥ 2 ♥ with Holley


This post by Holley reminds of of the constant fear that Manitobans feel as they  battle to keep the flooding under control. They have the guts to step out in faith and chase the  lions. Below are pictures of the Assiniboine River right next to our community.Our people have been helping with the sand bagging in the Portage and Elie area for three days now. While the water levels were high, along with the levels of anxiety, we DID NOT have to evactuate nor did our cows lol. Some of the stories going around are so dumb! Yes, we were worried, but were safe through it all.



Road out of colony


Shore starts way in middle photo where first trees can be seen-shore is underwater



seepage before the dug through holes through roads so it could flow away

1 comment:

  1. awesome blog...fear and worry are what most ppl r feeling i believe...plus anxiety...i think the worst part is not knowing whats going to happen and when

    ReplyDelete